[vlc-devel] Problem using libvlc

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat May 23 00:39:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2009, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> >> I may end up fixing it. There are some vlc core limitation that needs
> >> to be addressed first.
> >  What are the limitations you have in mind ?
>
> Variables callback can't be removed from within a callback. This is
> doable but requires some careful work. (We have that for the events.c
> stuff - which has its own limitation though)
 At least for input_thread_t you MUST have a thread dedicated to manage
it, so it should not be a problem. (if you don't you will end up having
a lot of deadlock problems and you will perturb too much the input if
any time is used inside the callback for intf-event).

 A good way to reuse code would be to extract/recode the one managing a
input_thread_t in the playlist core to something generic, easing those
who want to bypass playlist.

(But there is currently a problem bypassing the PL, all playlist parsing
demuxer/access use playlist_t directly :(

--
fenrir