[vlc-devel] commit: Compile fix on windows -- vlc_mutex_init() now returns void. ( JP Dinger )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon May 25 21:27:59 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 03:53:35PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 14:57:32 +0200, Anthony Loiseau
> <thannoy at actech-innovation.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just as a note/comment, I found weird that *p_sys is no more set with
> > this fix. But I am not skilled at all in this part of the source-code.
>
> Yeah, that commit looks like standard M2X quality (a.k.a. complete crap).

I am sorry, but you are unfair to JP Dinger here.

He took care of a bug noone really fixed in the last few days, on
master branch (not breaking 1.0), and he reacted very quickly on the remark on IRC.
Moreover he worked on the Win32 platform to help fixing it.

Yes, he should have tested a bit more before pushing, but we all do
mistakes, especially in the beginning.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/