[vlc-devel] commit: contribs: disable libfaac on Darwin (as part of ffmpeg) as it considered nonfree now ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 21:58:57 CEST 2009

Am 25.05.2009 um 21:52 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:

> Le lundi 25 mai 2009 22:25:55 git version control, vous avez écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> |
>> Mon May 25
>> 21:24:58 2009 +0200| [869c2e414e1bb954a2ed4f881c87ffe0f103f209] |
>> committer: Felix Paul Kühne
>>
>> contribs: disable libfaac on Darwin (as part of ffmpeg) as it
>> considered
>> nonfree now
>
> *Again*, please stop manually copying patches over. This only messes
> up the
> history with duplicate entries. Someone will merge 1.0 into 1.1 if
> you won't
> anyway.

Mentioned in his previous mail "VLC 1.0.0-rc2 status" (02:00:29 MESZ)

> Maybe we should stop merging things, but just backporting from master
> again...

which is definitely a *GOOD* idea as I will *HAVE TO* do changes to
1.0-bugfix which may not end-up in master as they will break it and
remove in-complete features which need to be withdrawn from bugfix
before RC2. Additionally, I have the suspicion that a merge with 1.0-
bugfix led to the complete vout breakage in master on OS X. Since RC2
will be tagged, I'll withdraw these features this evening, which is
why I ask you to stop merging these branches.

Cherry-picking shouldn't be a big deal for any of us.

Best regards,

Felix