[vlc-devel] Rethinking the Mac OS X GUI

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 15:24:48 CEST 2009

Am 27.05.2009 um 15:11 schrieb Andre-John Mas:

> On 27-May-2009, at 08:49, Dominic Spitaler wrote:
>
>> Well, we'll have to do a lot of conceptual work, before we can
>> start coding (or creating) the UI.
>> So setting up a Git for us right now would be a little overhasted.
>>
>> Of course I've seen Dudiaks Interface (though only in his demos I
>> haven't been able to try it out myself yet),
>> I think it's a good point to start but it needs further polishing.
>> F.e I think having two media list views in VLC, one as a sidebar
>> and one as table view a bit strange.
>
> Is VLCKit mature and stable enough to recommend UI developers to use?

For small media players and other custom applications requiring a
certain set of features, yes.

VLCKit is not meant and not ready to replace VLC.app's current
interface.

tonydelande's proposition looks interesting. Perhaps he can
collaborate with Dominic here or Dominic and friends get inspired by
his design.

Best regards,

Felix