[vlc-devel] 'Open files' UI fixes. Full usage of QT4...

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 28 16:03:14 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 28 mai 2009 16:10:08 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:03:03PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > On Thu, 28 May 2009 15:01:39 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > I intend to *REMOVE* the disc tab, because:
> >
> > Well, OK, maybe we could keep it, but I meant, the Media / Open Disc
> > should really just open the disc (and maybe ask which disk if there are
> > more than one), instead of prompting the intricate disc tab.
>
> I think we should simplify, but removing I doubt.
> Same applies for Network tab.

Well... if we remove the disc type, we *have* to remove the chapter support
too. That depends on the disc type anyway: DVDs have title/chapters, whereas
CDs only have tracks. I think that is fine because we have the Navigation menu
in any case (and of course, you can still type the MRL if you really want).

That leaves the drive, and the DVD menus check box (is dvdnav not good enough
that we can skip it nowadays?)... and the advanced settings of course. But
perhaps, the real problem is that we don't have proper support for HAL and
equivalent - the discs should really appear automatically in the media
library...

http://www.remlab.net/