[vlc-devel] Problem using libvlc

Andrea Visinoni andrea at puntualmenteinritardo.com
Fri May 29 23:12:57 CEST 2009

Andrea Visinoni ha scritto:
> Pierre d'Herbemont ha scritto:
>> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Andrea Visinoni
>> <andrea at puntualmenteinritardo.com> wrote:
>>> So it's better to have a custom playlist outside libvlc?
>>> (using play, catch video stop with an event, play the next video erc...)
>>> Or there is a patch or a workaround to apply to the existing code?
>>
>> I may end up fixing it. There are some vlc core limitation that needs
>> to be addressed first.
>>
>> Yet, you just basically want to use a media_list (or even your
>> preferred way to store a list of media) and a media_player. There
>> should be enough here to do what you want to achieve.
>
> I'm trying to implement this, i've attached the endreached event and i
> correctly go into the callback when the event appens.
>
> Inside the callback i'm trying to:
> 1) get the next media
> 2) set the new media using libvlc_media_player_set_media
>
> setting the new media i get:
>
> [00000392] main input warning: joining the active thread (VLC might crash)
> [00000392] main input debug: thread 2998487952 joined
> (control/media_player.c:100)
> LibVLC fatal error destroying mutex in thread 2998487952 at
> misc/events.c:151: 16
>  Error message: Dispositivo o risorsa occupata at:
> /usr/lib/libvlccore.so.0(vlc_pthread_fatal+0xb5)[0xb72628e5]
> Abortito
>
> I'm using always the same media_player instance.
> Do i have to force a stop?

I've tried playing all the medias using
libvlc_media_player_new_from_media (thus creating a new media player for
every media in my playlist) and this times seems to work, except that
the previous media remains (do i have to force a stop?) and a new
windows for media reproduction is opened.
Is this the correct behaviour or can i reuse the same media_player for
all my playlist?

Andrea