[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.3 Stutters...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 15:34:51 CET 2009

Sorry everyone it was nearly 3:00AM local when I sent the message.

Thanks for the replies.

My bandwidth is 13Mbps down to my Desktop but it could have been at that time my ISP was having bandwidth issues. This is the first time for an http file that I have used many times before that this issue occurred.

The buffering I mentioned was the buff indicator in the lower right corner that would show up when the video paused and the buff indicator would go in value from 0 to 100% then the video would continue.

I tried http cache settings from 300ms (default value) to 2400ms and the issue still continued.

Is the buffer on a different thread so it will continue to fill as the video continues? I suspect it is but thought I would ask.

I will do some more testing tonight.

Thanks,
-Tony