[vlc-devel] How to get JVLC to play youtube...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 18:00:58 CET 2009

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the support hopefully the JVLC developer is monitoring these emails. He has done so in the past so I hope he is still doing that. I am using his multivideo, VLCExample and VlcClient examples that use the mediaplayer and playlist objects. I know his last update removed the depricated playlist objects.

I wonder if vlc shows the flv location on one of its windows/dialogs? I ran into the issue you mentioned with mov files and ended up copying the true mov location to the jvlc examples and they worked which lends more validity to what you said.

I am hoping to get the youtube videos working for jvlc for demo purposes. I have quite a few interesting people looking at my portal and have gotten nonprofits asking to partner with me to help kids for educational purposes. I am hoping to show off vlc using mov and youtube via http but need jvlc working for the demos.

Many Thanks,
-Tony Anecito
Founder,
MyUniPortal.