[vlc-devel] vlc regression 0.9.9 -> 1.0.2, 1.0.3

Paul Corke Paul.Corke at datatote.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 11:21:31 CET 2009

On 02 November 2009 18:51, Adam Sulmicki wrote:

> The videos were produced by a TV card wtih hardware mpeg compression.

I have lots of files that were produced using PVR-150 cards (effectively
the same as your PVR-250) that play fine with 1.0.3 so I think the video
data can be made to work.  I am recording using Linux, but it shouldn't
make any difference as it's still the same chip doing the encode.

I think I'd start by looking at the container format.  How are you
producing
your files?  Are you using vlc to read from the device?  Or are you
recording
them using WinTV?

Paul.