[vlc-devel] VLC 1.0.3 Stutters...

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Tue Nov 3 19:28:52 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:14:30AM -0800, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Since I was able to get youtube to work for a short time last night using jvlc for big or high res videos I did not get stuttering.
>
> I suspect the problem is with the server supplying the video and not the bandwidth I have or VLC.

Youtube is a quite complex ecosystem... Standard web browser is driven by
scripts behind the scenes, which do quite fancy stuff wrt prebuffering
and server farm selection.

Farms supplying SQ video sometimes exhibit packet drops which can stall TCP.
Servers supplying HQ video are different ones, and packet loss is typically
not happening.

   With kind regards,

        M.