[vlc-devel] Qt media browser (playlist selector) reorganisation

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Nov 7 13:10:21 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:44:39AM +0100, Jakob Leben wrote :
> Sorry, I still don't see the reason for that. It seems perfectly OK to me to
> see categories like:
> - Now playing
> - Saved playlists (or whatever)
> - Discs
> - Internet Sources:
> --- Podcasts
> --- Shoutcas listings
> --- (??SAP announcements??)
> - External Devices         // MTP, UPnP, Bonjour

OK. sure. I must have misunderstood you.
Missing is:
 - Media Library
 -- lua SD (under Internet Sources)

I would have joined Discs and External Devices.

I don't like the names of "External Devices" and "Internet Sources"
We need rephrases.

> Erm, Podcasts under category of Smart Playlists - sounds like Amarok. I
> never got that though, it's not how I see Podcasts.
No, you misunderstood me.
I would join smart playlist with normal playlist.

> You're right on the point that Podcasts are special in that add/remove
> configuration style. Even more so if media dirs are to become obsolete.
lua SD will need configuration. I am around 100% sure.

> Hmm, I actually found pretty ql the change that you yourself introduced: all
> SDs constantly in the selector. I don't see a point to not have access to
> all (if the plugins are compiled and installed). Just as with other plugins,
> SD modules should automatically be loaded/unloaded when appropriate (by
> GUIs, I guess, or by the hypothetical intermediate Media Provider interface.
Well, something that is still missing from that change I introduced, is
that I believe that the active SD should be in bold or italic when
actived.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf