[vlc-devel] Can VLC wait for an I-Frame?

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:39:00 CET 2009

Hi,

Is it possible to configure VLC so that it does not display P-Frames until
the first I-Frame? As you may know, displaying P-Frames without the first
I-Frame will display a partly filled screen with a bright green color where
missing information would appear. For our application we read an RTSP stream
and it can occasionnaly start in the middle of a GOP. We would rather have
nothing displayed for less than a second (our GOPs is 15 for an fps of
25) than an incomplete frame with green until an I-Frame is received.

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau