[vlc-devel] commit: OpenBSD also need VLC_HARD_MIN_SLEEP. ( R?mi Duraffort )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 10 22:51:19 CET 2009

Le mardi 10 novembre 2009 23:39:44 jpd at videolan.org, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:18:53PM +0100, Rafa?l Carr? wrote:
> > You could add this as a comment in the file, but instead we should
> > perhaps assume 100HZ and use the values unconditionally
>
> I think we should use the actual HZ value since it can be tuned,
> even though it might (does?) take a kernel recompile.
>
> I used to run a couple FreeBSD boxes with HZ=10000, though admittedly as
> firewall, not as multimedia player.

First, this *must* be a compile-time constant. Second, this is really only a
way to turn up stupid bugs such as calling 'msleep(1000);'. I don't see any
point in having a perfectly value here. Besides, the kernel might be able to
properly sleep for periods short than the scheduler interval, so there is no
way to be truly accurate.

http://www.remlab.net/