[vlc-devel] [RFR] SlingBox access

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 13 18:17:47 CET 2009

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 13:11:30 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> This is not a patch per-se, it is just a request for a general review
> for this access for SlingBoxes.
> Derivated from http.c, it was done for 0.8.6 and just ported to 1.1.
> I am not the author, but I would like to see it merged at one point in
> the future.

The list parameters could really be integers...

p_vs and p_vsCommand are never initialized (bug), and could probably be
replaced with NULL.

ReceiveSlingBoxMessage() seems to receive data in a pointers array. That does
not make much sense.

ReceiveSlingBoxMessage() calls recv(), which makes me wonder how event
handling is done? busy loop??

The key event callback is not thread-safe. It might be possible to keep it
lock-less (not sure), but then writing to the socket must be atomic...

The code is endian-specific...

Ok, I will stop here.

http://www.remlab.net/