[vlc-devel] Mozilla plugin resize

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:34:47 CET 2009

Hi guys,

Firs I would like to tell you that vlc 1.0.3 mozilla plugin resizes
only on height and not on width. Than I found this patch and tried it
with vlc 1.0.3. Now resize of plugin works but, it has a nasty bug.
One window of the plugin remains the same size as the original plugin
size was. So after resize I have a biger plugin window with video
playing in it and one black window covering video from bottom left
corner in size of the original plugin window.

I discovered in plugin code that this window is control window. I am
not that good in c programing yet, so I would like some advice how to
properly fix this problem. For now I just resized this control window
to size 1x1 pixels and that does the trick. But I would be a lot
happier if I would know how to fix this properly.

Beside that, is toolbar in plugin working, because I didn't find a way
to show it?

PS: I was testing this on Ubuntu 9.10 and firefox 3.5.5.

Best Regards,
Gregor Fuis