[vlc-devel] [Patch] Correcting potential crash in audio bandlimited resampler

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:11:30 CET 2009

2009/11/19 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> Le jeudi 19 novembre 2009 13:22:01 Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> The bandlimited resampler uses
>> p_filter->fmt_in.audio.i_bytes_per_frame, which may not be filled.
>> This patch computes the value when needed.
>
> I think you are not allowed to change format from the filtering callbacks.

I don't know this part of the code, however, in some cases,
i_bytes_per_frame is equal to 0, which cause FPE to occur, this was
the quickest workaround I found, but as the i_bytes_per_frame field is
tagged as optionnal in the struct declaration (if I'm not mistaking),
I guess using it is defective by design...

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen