[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: position slider: send seek events at regular intervals ( Jakob Leben )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 25 15:49:12 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:39:51 +0100 (CET), git at videolan.org (git version
control) wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Jakob Leben <jleben at videolan.org> | Wed Nov 25
> 15:25:18 2009 +0100| [15288858575b3ab35f3e2824e6464f6bc5c4e186] |
> committer: Jakob Leben
>
> Qt4: position slider: send seek events at regular intervals
>
> Improves seeking experience by sending less seek requests and actually
> allowing output to update between them.

Frankly, I think this is not the right place to "merge" seek requests.

This should be done in the input thread directly. To that end, we should
set a finite "target state" of the input, instead of pushing requests. Then
older requests are automatically discarded if a contradictory requests is
sent before the older ones are coped with.

Then, we don't delay the first seek, and everybody (not just the Qt4
interface) benefits.