[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: position slider: send seek events at regular intervals ( Jakob Leben )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 25 16:25:29 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:05:13 +0100, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> This should be done in the input thread directly. To that end, we should
>> set a finite "target state" of the input, instead of pushing requests.
>> Then older requests are automatically discarded if a contradictory
>> requests is sent before the older ones are coped with.
>
> This could also lead to no requests ever being carried out until the last
> one in a row. You do need a notion of time and simply not respond to new
> request until one has been realized, then you go on realizing the last
one
> arrived meanwhile.

I don't see that. When the input thread notices the target and the current
states are different, it will start seeking (or whatever else depending on
what piece of state does not match). When it's done, it will check again
and re-iterate.

So there is a notion of time: as long as it takes to perform the seek
operation.