[vlc-devel] [Patch] Correcting potential crash in audio bandlimited resampler

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 25 18:36:45 CET 2009

Le mercredi 25 novembre 2009 19:14:30 Rafaël Carré, vous avez écrit :
> I don't know if all audio codecs have a fixed frame size, if we can
> find it from the decoder then we should enforce setting of this flag

In the audio filters, we can only have PCM and SPDIF (the latter being an ugly
hack for digital audio outputs). In resamplers, we can really only have FL32
or FI32 depending on the platform. So the frame size is known (4 times the
number of channels).

But filters are generally not allowed to change their input format after
initialization, and I think resamplers are not allowed to change their input
format at all.

http://www.remlab.net/