[vlc-devel] commit: Added DXVA2 support to our avcodec wrapper. (Laurent Aimar )

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:41:29 CET 2009

Hi,
Laurent Aimar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009, git version control wrote:
>
>> vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Sat Nov 14 11:19:04 2009 +0100| [e0028dbfcdf1671fb4c503336fe10684d3724d51] | committer: Laurent Aimar
>>
>> Added DXVA2 support to our avcodec wrapper.
>>
>> It is not yet activated (the build system part is missing).
>>
> In order to test it, for now you have to:
>  - apply the attached patch ffmpeg-dxva2.patch to a ffmpeg
>  - make the attached header dxva2api.h available to vlc and ffmpeg (/usr/win32/include)
>  - define HAVE_AVCODEC_DXVA2 to 1.
>
> Regards,

Looking really good!!
********
avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x342600)
avcodec debug: Available decoder output format 61 (Unknown)
avcodec debug: Trying DXVA2
avcodec debug: DLLs loaded
avcodec debug: D3dCreateDevice succeed
avcodec debug: OurDirect3DCreateDeviceManager9 Success!
avcodec info: obtained IDirect3DDeviceManager9
avcodec info: DXVA2CreateVideoService Success!
avcodec debug: - 'DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT' is supported by hardware
avcodec warning: - Unknown GUID = 5B23D46D-fa5f-4fdc-XXXX

avcodec error: DxFindVideoServiceConversion failed
avcodec warning: Failed to open DXVA2
avcodec debug: Available decoder output format 53 (PIX_FMT_VAAPI_VLD)
avcodec debug: Available decoder output format 0 (PIX_FMT_YUV420P)
avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)) started
main debug: using decoder module "avcodec"
********
Here my old graphics card doesn't support H264 VLD.

Regards,