[vlc-devel] commit: Disabled ffmpeg hardware acceleration support by default. ( Laurent Aimar )

Konstantin Pavlov thresh at altlinux.ru
Thu Nov 26 08:26:54 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 08:16:40AM +0100, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:30:46 +0100 (CET), git version control wrote
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Sat Nov
> > 14 11:20:20 2009 +0100| [188aa615fd559702667c696efbfc1cad653fd066] |
> > committer: Laurent Aimar
> >
> > Disabled ffmpeg hardware acceleration support by default.
> >
> > For both vaapi and dxva2, not enough testing has been done.
>
> As for vaapi, we've done some testing a few weeks ago, but either the ffmpeg
> patch for h264_vaapi, or the vaapi->vdpau backend is not working right.
> None of the DVB h264 streams can be played correctly in VLC nor in mplayer-vaapi,
> but mplayer with vdpau output works fine. In other words, until the underlying
> infrastructure is fixed, vaapi is not usable in VLC :-(

This is weird. I've backported relevant parts of VLC 1.1 code to 1.0 and
VAAPI works fine for me, though libva/vdpau-vaapi i'm using are: 0.2.9
with patches from Gwenole and 0.3.1 respectively.

Actually, few weeks ago I've built 1.1 with newest (at the time) versions
of those libraries and they also seemed to work fine.

I will do more testing today, though i only have some .m2ts and .mkv files
with H264, nothing really fancy.

--
Flattery is like cologne -- to be smelled, but not swallowed.
		-- Josh Billings