[vlc-devel] When to read movie length using mediaPlayer?

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 08:49:18 CET 2009

Hi All,

I am running into an issue regarding viewing youtube videos using 1.0.4 & JVLC. I noticed that if I try to get the video length using mediaPlayer.getLength() right after play has started the video may report 0 length or crash. Can the length of a video for youtube videos be determined without playing it first using the mediaPlayer object? The same question would be important for vidoes viewed via http.

Thanks,
-Tony