[vlc-devel] Checking VLC version from code

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:41:25 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at chewa.net>wrote:

> It's nicer because:
> developers and beta testers won't have their playlist setting broken
> users don't loose their settings between version if the playlist
> setting format haven't changed

That's my intention anyway.

So the idea is just to use a separate version number in Qt settings code (or
even for that specific setting) apart from VLC version? Or are you talking
about the difference in _where_ or _how_ to save the version number?

Maybe I could simply append the version number to that specific settings
entry name, so it makes a different entry saved besides the other one. Then
even going from newer version back to older will load correct older setting.