[vlc-devel] commit: Don't ignore-config on the webplugin (Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Oct 2 07:58:18 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 12:15:24AM +0200, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> > +1
>
> +1 , the real problem with windows video outputs need to be fixed instead.

Seriously, this is non-sense.

Windows video outputs can't be fixed, when the video drivers are broken.
Speak to our closest Intel representative.

But, let's put back the video outputs, and let's discuss about proxies,
or audio output (using SPDIF, or headphone...) or default deinterlacing
or caching level!

So you want to force the default configuration on everyone, and not let
them change anything, because of potential problems in some configuration in
input/codecs modules? (I still don't know which ones, but ok)
Potential problems where you could tell people to launch VLC and reset
preferences and cache (or to launch the Windows and Mac OS scripts or
delete the config file)?

So you force the default configuration knowing it will break some setups,
over some potential problem of configuration that can be reset?

What?

Oh, and I am glad to see you volunteering to help on forum and mailing
lists about webplugins issues...

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/