[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding audio support to fake acces_demux

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:18:42 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Ludovic Fauvet <etix at l0cal.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen
> <beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So in the end, the only solution we got is to create a new
>> access_demux that will handle both video and audio callbacks and
>> parameters, write the result inside a newly created block_t, and using
>> the fake codec, just to have a dummy codec ?
>
> Instead of doing it all over again, why can't we polish the current
> patch and merge it until we develop something better ? To be clear,
> the provided patch is clean and replacing the current code by the
> access-demux way will take weeks of work before being completely
> usable.
> Besides that, it freezes the VLMC development and prevents us to
> release a developer's preview. As you can easily imagine, a video
> editing software without sound is pointless.
>
> Regards

Is there at least a way for the fake access/demux patch to be applied ?
Worst case scenario we could package our own modules in a specific dir
if it wasn't applied.
However, if we can avoid such a thing, it would be great...

If not, what could be done quickly, so we can go forward in the dev process ?

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen