[vlc-devel] Ticket to be closed

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 18:16:43 CEST 2009

Hi Tony,

No. But I don't think we can blame VLC for not playing a file that is
lacking some info. Even if older versions of VLC where able to play it.

My fix was to generate AVI files that contained all the needed information
in the header for VLC to recognize and play them propely. I used the utility
AVI-Mux GUI that generated correctly formed h264+AAC files and inspected the
contents to figure out what was missing from the AVI files we were creating.
Now our files play in VLC 1.0.2 without problems.

Jacques Boileau