[vlc-devel] Anyone working on this?

David Casson david_casson at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 9 19:19:34 CEST 2009

Hi all

I have a friend who has over 6,500 tracks on and external 500GB hard drive. The problem is they are all currently under iTunes and every time he pulls a play list across to his machine, it installs iTunes on the machine! I told him to give VLC a go. He has tried using the 'add directory' fuction, but this does not seem to be able to handle multiple directories. When he tries to create a playlist with multiple directories the process grinds to a halt. If iTunes can handle this type of functionality, surely we can do better!? If this can be sorted, then my friend can ditch iTunes completely and will then be very happy!

I look forward to some interesting replies!

kind regards
Dave Casson