[vlc-devel] mac build

Mike Schrag mschrag at pobox.com
Fri Oct 9 19:56:39 CEST 2009

>>> You should run "make VLC-release.app" to get a redistributable VLC-
>>> release.app.
>> Hi Pierre -- Yeah, that works fine for me, but the resulting build
>> doesn't actually play video everywhere (if i build on my MBP it
>> plays on my MBP but not on a Mini or an Air. If I build on the
>> Mini, it plays on the Mini and my MBP, but not the Air). This leads
>> me to believe it's a matter of getting the right options passed
>> into ./configure. Do you happen to know what parameters are used
>> to ./configure the official VLC.app build?
> Weird... VLC -vvv should give you more explanations. What are
> actually the errors?
>
> VLC should be built on the mac with just ./configure --enable-debug.
Thanks -- IRC suggested -vvv as well, which was very enlightening.  It
turns out that my build was linking incorrectly (ffmpeg is statically
linking to one in /usr/local/lib, among a couple other related
issues), and I just need to tweak some build settings to get it to Do
The Right Thing (TM).  Thanks a lot for your help.

ms