[vlc-devel] VLCKit

Mike Schrag mschrag at mdimension.com
Sun Oct 11 16:00:26 CEST 2009

> Could you resend your patch on the vlc-devel? The proper way to do
> it these days is to use 'git format-patch' [1].
>
> Also, if you could keep separate patches for the different issue
> (spdif/opengllayer) that would be better as well.
>
> Tripple buffering seems like the way to go, especially because we
> can't properly flush the buffer unless we use the terrible hack we
> have now. (calling -display on main thread)
Sure -- I went ahead and pulled origin/master back in to verify the
drawable fix with my fixes was still cool, but now I can't build
because libiconv isn't found:

   CC     extras/libvlccore_la-libc.lo
   CCLD   libvlccore.la
grep: /Users/mschrag/Documents/Developer/vlc/extras/contrib/lib/
libiconv.la: No such file or directory
sed: /Users/mschrag/Documents/Developer/vlc/extras/contrib/lib/
libiconv.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/Users/mschrag/Documents/Developer/vlc/extras/contrib/
lib/libiconv.la' is not a valid libtool archive

The last part of make in extras/contrib does:
(cd /Users/mschrag/Documents/Developer/vlc/extras/contrib/lib && sed -
e 's%/usr/lib/libiconv.la%/Users/mschrag/Documents/Developer/vlc/
extras/contrib/lib/libiconv.la%g' -i.orig *.la && rm -f *.la.orig)

But there appears to no longer be a lib/libiconv.la ... Did the
contrib tar change to no longer include libiconv?

ms