[vlc-devel] Mozilla plugin resize

Yannick Bréhon y.brehon at qiplay.com
Tue Oct 13 11:02:35 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

We have discovered the following problem with the Mozilla plugin of VLC.
When the plugin is resized (using the javascript plugin.width/height
accessors), the VLC plugin is resized but the video is not properly
scaled. This means that when one resizes to a smaller size, the video is
cropped; to a bigger size, empty space is added.

We have attached a simple patch which corrects this into what we believe
is a correct behavior. We hope it will meet the community standard. On
our platform, it works fine.

We hope this can be useful to the community, if you have any feedback,
please feel free!
Thanks

Yannick