[vlc-devel] adding new codec to the VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Oct 24 22:38:16 CEST 2009

	Hello,

Le samedi 24 octobre 2009 15:04:42 Venu Vemulapally, vous avez écrit :
>       We have ported VLC on to ARMv9 Platform

There is no such thing as ARMv9 to this day. The latest ARM version is 7.
You probably mean ARM9 (without 'v'). Namely, ARM9TDMI is ARMv4, whereas ARM9E
is ARMv5.

>       and now we want to integrate
> the third party soft codec in the VLC ( they have provided us shared
> libraries ). Could you please suggest me where I need to do the
> modifications so that i can able to playback the our proprietary elementary
> streams.
> Please suggest me what changes are required .

You need to write a new "codec" plugin that detects the codec, and calls the
library to decode coded data blocks into either to YUV or RGB video or to PCM
audio.

http://www.remlab.net/