[vlc-devel] Deadlock when trying to reuse a media player after MediaPlayerEndReached

Underground78 underground78 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:39:35 CET 2009

Hello,

I am new to the LibVLC and I have followed the little LibVLC tutorial
that can be found on the wiki (cf the other thread). Now I want to
improve a bit the sample program to be able to load a stream from a
playlist file but I run into problems.

I use Windows XP and to make things easier I have gotten the libraries
from ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-1.0.3-rc/win32/vlc-1.0.3-rc-win32.7z
(I have tried vlc-1.0.2-win32 too).

To begin, I want to try to play a new media (without using the media
parsed from the playlist) after the MediaPlayerEndReached event is
triggered. But it seems to create a deadlock and the new media is
never played (here the source code I use :
http://pastebin.com/m5328b973 and the log :
http://pastebin.com/mc500ead).

What am I doing wrong ?

Regards,