[vlc-devel] Deadlocked in stop if too close to play

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:19:15 CET 2009

Hi Pierre,

What else should I do to help diagnose this problem? As I have said, I was
able to reproduce the problem with vlc-1.1.0-git-20091027-0003. I would like
to be as active as possible on this. Anything I can do under your guidance
to help I will. But I need some direction.

>From what I gather from the tests I have done, there seems to be a small
window when a file just starts playing (after opening and buffering) and is
stopped at that precise moment where a deadlock can occur. I have tried to
reproduce this using vlc.exe but was not able to. Even tried playing piano
with the 'S' and space bar key like crazy and it does not happen. I wonder
what the GUI does differently!?!?

Can you point me to a few source code files that I can look at or add traces
in, to gain more knowledge on the problem?

Thanks for all your help,

Jacques Boileau