[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: remove privacy dialog on Qt4 ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )
remi at remlab.net
Sat Oct 31 18:25:41 CET 2009
Le samedi 31 octobre 2009 17:17:26 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Sat Oct 31
> 17:12:45 2009 +0200| [4452e098d6b8533e06277bab25781f5de9f2dccc] |
> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
> Qt4: remove privacy dialog on Qt4
> Unparented dialogs are not supported by the window manager. This was
> causing a deadlock during VLC startup (There may be other cases left).
Good news everyone!
I am now able to actually start the Qt4 UI (at all) on a pre-series N900. The
good news is that it's a lot better than the Hildon/Maemo 4 UI.
Other good news:
* The colors follows the general look'n'feel of the device.
* Open file, open directory, save playlist dialogs are working.
* Effects and filters seems fine (small enough).
* Most functions do work.
Now the bad news:
* Separate windows (from Tools and View menus) only show once.
Invoking them after they were closed has no effect until VLC is
* Advanced open dialog is too big.
* Preferences (both simple and complete) is too big.
* Stream output wizard is a little bit too big.
* Convert/save freezes the UI irreversibly.
Maybe the dialog is not parented correctly.
* Disc panel is shown even though there are no disc drives.
Note that cdda, dvdnav, etc plugins are *not* present.
* Fullscreen controller is not working.
* Privacy dialog is not working.
* Geometry is updated even when it makes no sense because the main window
size is *fixed* under Hildon window management policy. For instance, it is
updated when opening the embedded video widget.
This is slow and hence really ugly.
* The control icons are really too small. They're a pain with the stylus
and completely unusable with a finger.
* Scrollbars are used everywhere. This is outstandingly annoying.
Dialogs should be finger-pannable instead of using a side scrollbar.
But probably the worse of all:
* The UI is eating up critically needed CPU cycles.
Frame rate is noticeably worse than with RC, *even* in fullscreen mode.
N.B.: This is purely informational. I fully realize that I am not in a
position to demand fixes.
More information about the vlc-devel