[vlc-devel] core playlist

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:54:42 CEST 2009

2009/8/31 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

> Asynchronous results are a plague. Please avoid those.

Do you suggest to let to a SD client to spawn another worker thread if it
expects that the request will be time-expensive and it needs to do other
stuff meanwhile?

What is your opinion about the current SD implementation? I think we could
call it asynchronous because all the data it ever transmittes to a client is
via ItemAdded event. Though I must admit that the event is not really a
result, because there is no direct request from a client for it, so I'm not
sure if your critique applies to the current implementation as well.