[vlc-devel] How to control an automated recording (directshow capture)?

Damien Leri damien at law.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 1 13:11:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

TS encapsulation does not fix the problem: vlc still does not respond to a quit signal (WM_CLOSE) when the video has been recording for more than an hour or so.

Here is the full command:

Vlc.exe --no-qt-privacy-ask dshow://  :dshow-vdev="Hi-Speed USB DVD Creator" :dshow-adev="iMic USB audio system" :no-dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner :dshow-size="640x480" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=800,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="c:\test.ts"}

Thanks anyway,
Damien