[vlc-devel] commit: Use the cpp to auto-update libvlc_event_type_name()'s dictionary. ( JP Dinger )

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Wed Sep 2 14:09:00 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 12:50:31PM +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> This is the kind of hack I would avoid in public headers.

Which part?

Personally I don't see why binding symbols and strings together would be
a bad thing. In fact, it systematically gets rid of a clear desync while
reducing the maintenance requirements. You can quibble with the details,
like how doxygen might have a harder time divining symbols, but frankly
that should mean teach doxygen new tricks over keeping the code brittle.