[vlc-devel] Win64 patch and format

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Sep 2 17:23:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 06:08:45PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Le mercredi 2 septembre 2009 17:08:44 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> > +#if defined( _WIN64 ) && defined( __USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO )
> > + #undef PRId64
> > + #define PRId64 "lld"
> > + #undef PRIi64
> > + #define PRIi64 "lli"
> > + #undef PRIu64
> > + #define PRIu64 "llu"
> > +#endif
>
> I'd rather put this in vlc_fixups.h. You may need to include <inttypes.h>
> first.
We don't I need to do that after every inttypes.h inclusion?

> But really, it looks like you should ratehr send a patch to Mingw.
Well, yes, and I filled a request, but with the mess between various
mingw teams, this could take a while.

> >  /* Format string sanity checks */
> >  #ifdef __GNUC__
> > +# ifdef _WIN64
> > +#   define LIBVLC_FORMAT(x,y) __attribute__ ((format(gnu_printf,x,y)))
> > +# else
> Wouldn't that apply to any Mingw variant, not just Win64?
Probably, but on mingw32, it seems to work so far. I didn't want to
break it.

> But then again, without FFMPEG not Qt4, the Win64 port is basically useless.
Yes. It can play mp3 and ogg/vorbis.

FFmpeg build is currently being fixed and Qt4 will come when I go to
Oslo.

I have to start by one end :D

> If mingw64 <inttypes.h> is buggy, you might as well send them a patch, and
> manually fix your own header installation until they merge.

That is what I did so far.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf