[vlc-devel] NSIS Script Patch

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Thu Sep 3 15:22:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 02:03:29PM +1000, Mark Nuccio wrote:
> Attached is the NSIS script patch for vlc-1.0.2-git-20090831-0007-win32 as
> mentioned in the forum here http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14
> <http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=64308> &t=64308

Doesn't look much like a patch? You can add a link to a forum post for
further info but it's much nicer if the patch itself contains a short
description of what's going on. git format-patch would be even better.

> This email, including all attachments, is confidential and for the sole use
> of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you
> are not authorised to disclose, use, distribute, or in any way make use of
> the information contained in it, and such activities are prohibited. If you
> have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply
> e-mail, delete the document and destroy all copies of the original message.

This legal block looks to be incompatible with the GPL so unless you
drop it we cannot accept any of your patches. Also, you sent this is a
public mailinglist with public archives. Nevermind that universities
used to work in a spirit of open research.