[vlc-devel] Jerky Video in case of MPEG2-TS streams with IBBP type GOP.

Pragnesh Patel pragneshkumar.patel at einfochips.com
Mon Sep 7 16:32:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I posted a query regarding my issue to videolan forum they diverted me
to you guys, hope some one will help me out.

I am working with audio video streaming and using vlc-1.0.1 as a client
to test my RTSP server. I have one MPEG-2TS file which contains H264 and
AAC streams. More importantly the H264 stream is of IBBP type GOP
structure. But i am facing problem in receiving this stream in VLC, the
video looks jerky.
Earlier I was using vlc-0.9.9 but there was not any such problem like
this. In addition to this i have also tried to stream that particular TS
file using live555 media server but there also same problem is present.
So, is there any particular setting added in this new VLC for IBBP type
GOP or is there a problem with my TS stream itself.

Thank you in advance,

Pragnesh Patel
eInfochip Ltd.
Tel No +91-79-26400801-2 Ext. 156
www.einfochips.com
Ahmedabad

Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and please delete it from your computer. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated.Company has taken enough precautions to prevent
the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any