[vlc-devel] RTP jitter buffer does not work

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 7 21:37:40 CEST 2009

Le lundi 7 septembre 2009 22:09:49 Marian Ďurkovič, vous avez écrit :
> Well, after the above change, we now only have 3*jitter left, i.e. 3*0.2
> msec. Reordering happens due to variable buffering delay in multiple paths
> (either in the network or inside the hardware), so we need much more here.

We still wait for an extra:
 3 * delay_variance + |delta_seq| * packetization_time.
over the expected receival time. The packetization time factor is implicit
from the fact that we are waiting from the time when a LATER packet was
received.

I will add a static safety margin, but the earlier formula is not affected by
the last fix.

http://www.remlab.net/