[vlc-devel] Win64 access http with gui

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:53:41 CEST 2009

Hi,
I've encountered a strange problem...
This bug, triggered, when quitting vlc -Iqt http://stream
When stop is pressed (embedded) it'll bring up the vlc.exe has stopped
working dialog, pressing close will leave the gui in a locked up state
(will end up looking like this, in attached file).
when stop is pressed (non-embedded) same vlc.exe stopped working dialog
is shown, pressing close will not lock up the gui.
Here's the interesting part. In non-embedded after pressing close, then,
press play again (it works), press stop it won't crash anymore, even
after few retries.
So, in non-embedded mode it will only crash exactly once initially
pressed stop.
After some tracing in the access delete code I found out that it
triggered the crash at exactly this line:
    vlc_object_release( p_access );

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    vlc.exe
  Application Version:    1.1.0.99
  Application Timestamp:    4aa62492
  Fault Module Name:    kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6002.18005
  Fault Module Timestamp:    49e041d1
  Exception Code:    40010006
  Exception Offset:    000000000000dbe8
I assume this is some sort of assert somewhere ... As this bug is
un-reproducible inside gdb 64-bits
Doesn't trigger when quitting vlc -Idummy http://stream