[vlc-devel] [vlc-1.0.1] Multiple inputs for vod patch

Adam Brzeski atake2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:33:04 CEST 2009

Hello!

I prepared a patch for VLC 1.0.1 that enables support for multiple
inputs for VoD streaming. I wrote about it here:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63559

In the patch, when calling the vlm_ControlInternal function, I used a
strange parameter "dummy_string". This string doesn't mean anything, but
since it is not the first call of vlm_ControlInternal with
VLM_START_MEDIA_VOD_INSTANCE
for the current session (the first call was already made when the first
input of the list was played, and now we are playing one of the next files),
the last argument ("dummy_string") is eventually ignored (that happens in
the vlm_ControlMediaInstanceStart function).  So it doesn't really matter
what we put here. The argument, however, must be specified, otherwise we
will get VLC_EGENERIC.

The patch is in the attachment, I hope it could be helpful for anyone.