[vlc-devel] Win64 access http with gui

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 23:59:56 CEST 2009

Geoffroy Couprie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> xxcv a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>> I've encountered a strange problem...
>> This bug, triggered, when quitting vlc -Iqt http://stream
>> When stop is pressed (embedded) it'll bring up the vlc.exe has stopped
>> working dialog, pressing close will leave the gui in a locked up state
>> (will end up looking like this, in attached file).
>> when stop is pressed (non-embedded) same vlc.exe stopped working
>> dialog is shown, pressing close will not lock up the gui.
>> Here's the interesting part. In non-embedded after pressing close,
>> then, press play again (it works), press stop it won't crash anymore,
>> even after few retries.
>> So, in non-embedded mode it will only crash exactly once initially
>> pressed stop.
>>
> Could you explain a bit? Are you talking about embedded video?

yes
>> After some tracing in the access delete code I found out that it
>> triggered the crash at exactly this line:
>>    vlc_object_release( p_access );
>>
> File? Line?

input access.c 2nd last line.
>> Problem signature:
>>  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
>>  Application Name:    vlc.exe
>>  Application Version:    1.1.0.99
>>  Application Timestamp:    4aa62492
>>  Fault Module Name:    kernel32.dll
>>  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6002.18005
>>  Fault Module Timestamp:    49e041d1
>>  Exception Code:    40010006
>>  Exception Offset:    000000000000dbe8
>> I assume this is some sort of assert somewhere ... As this bug is
>> un-reproducible inside gdb 64-bits
>> Doesn't trigger when quitting vlc -Idummy http://stream
>>
> AFAIK, this exception code has nothing to do with VLC (that's an
> exception received if some kernel code sent a debug string). Could you
> get a backtrace?

ntoskrnl.exe!IoAcquireRemoveLockEx+0xe7
ntoskrnl.exe!memset+0x22a
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x2cb
ntoskrnl.exe!KeDetachProcess+0x120d
ntoskrnl.exe!PsReturnProcessNonPagedPoolQuota+0x3a3
ntoskrnl.exe!memset+0x4df
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+0x2eb
ntoskrnl.exe!NtQueryInformationThread+0x102e
ntoskrnl.exe!NtQueryInformationThread+0x1673
ntoskrnl.exe!ZwUnloadKeyEx+0x20d3
ntdll.dll!NtWaitForMultipleObjects+0xa
kernel32.dll!FlsSetValue+0x7b3
kernel32.dll!LoadModule+0x6fe
kernel32.dll!LoadModule+0x887
kernel32.dll!UnhandledExceptionFilter+0x1ff
ntdll.dll!RtlIpv4AddressToStringA+0x1cb
ntdll.dll!_C_specific_handler+0x27d
ntdll.dll!RtlRaiseException+0xe1
kernel32.dll!OutputDebugStringA+0xb8
msvcrt.dll!assert+0x7d0
msvcrt.dll!invalid_parameter+0x13
msvcrt.dll!pow+0x22d4
libvlccore.dll!vlc_object_get_name+0x18f
This is the thread I think have caused it.