[vlc-devel] buffering issue with vlc-1.0.1

Rahul K Patel rahulk.patel at einfochips.com
Thu Sep 10 08:40:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am playing h264 video in vlc-1.0.1 using RTSP streaming. It's playing
video properly. But When I perform seek action means move slider in vlc,
video got stopped after buffering 8% of data. Attached herewith is vlc
log messages.

It continuously printing same message ([0xb7b00868] main input debug:
Buffering 8%) after buffer 8% of data. I also observed one change in
vlc-1.0.1 behaviour, in older version when I perform seek, vlc was
sending only play request with ntp timestamp whereas in newer version it
is first sending pause request than sends play request with ntp timestamp.
Please let me know if anyone facing same issue or have work around.

Thanks in advance..

--
Rahul Patel
Embedded Software Engineer

Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and please delete it from your computer. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated.Company has taken enough precautions to prevent
the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any