[vlc-devel] Missing ISO6937 support in some OSes

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Fri Sep 11 17:37:03 CEST 2009

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:42:21 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:25:26 +0200, Marian Ďurkovič <md at bts.sk> wrote:
> > Well, the libiconv library is *the* problem. Bruno Haible apparently
> > doesn't
> > care about ISO6937 and therefore it's missing in the library - even
> > in the latest 1.13.1 version. FreeBSD uses exactly this library instead
> of
> > having iconv within libc like Linux, so it has the same problem.
>
> And? We control our contrib. We can patch libiconv however we want.

Sure we can... Except that trunk and 1.0 use different libiconv versions and
different patches. And after resolving all this, it will still not work on FreeBSD.

It's far easier to have inhouse function for this, which will surely work for
all setups and wouldn't eventually require maintenance with every new libiconv
version. I already sent working code for this.

    With kind regards,

       M.