[vlc-devel] Massive memory jump

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:31:37 CEST 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:40:12 +1000, xxcv <xxcv07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This bug is easily triggered with in seconds of pressing or holding N.
>> Disregard whether qt4 GUI interface was involved it can be triggered by
>> using the dummy interface.
>>

> As far as I can tell:
> - we have only one developer with Win7, and he is busy,
> - disassembly is totally useless to us,
> - stack trace with only ?? are totally useless.
>
> Bottom line is, your report cannot be used, and so you're wasting your
> time.

I understand this. But lets be positive and keep it at the bright side,
as I'm trying to find out the exact problem, I saw.
At the time of this happening:
ntoskrnl.exe!IoAcquireRemoveLockEx+0xe7
ntoskrnl.exe!memset+0x22a
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x2cb
ntoskrnl.exe!KeDetachProcess+0x120d
ntoskrnl.exe!PsReturnProcessNonPagedPoolQuota+0x3a3
ntoskrnl.exe!CcSetDirtyPinnedData+0x433
ntoskrnl.exe!ZwUnloadKeyEx+0x1162
msvcrt.dll!strcpy+0x1d4
libvlccore.dll!_stream_UrlNew+0x2025
libvlccore.dll!_stream_UrlNew+0x1da2

ntoskrnl.exe!IoAcquireRemoveLockEx+0xe7
ntoskrnl.exe!memset+0x22a
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x2cb
ntoskrnl.exe!KeDetachProcess+0x120d
ntoskrnl.exe!PsReturnProcessNonPagedPoolQuota+0x3a3
ntoskrnl.exe!CcSetDirtyPinnedData+0x433
ntdll.dll!MD4Final+0x78b3
ntdll.dll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher+0x2e
msvcrt.dll!strcpy+0x1d4
libvlccore.dll!_stream_UrlNew+0x2025
libvlccore.dll!_stream_UrlNew+0x1da2

This comes from the same thread at that time this thread utilizes full cpu.
Perhaps you'd know more then me by looking at this stack.
Thanks for your kind attention.
Regards