[vlc-devel] [RFC] Send warning on bad vlc_object_(hold|warning) usage

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:14:35 CEST 2009

As discussed on this mailing list, this API is working on a subclass
basis, and only hold the vlc_object_t data, and may return invalid
subclass data.

More details in the commit log.

I think the approach is good enough to force us to review the current
usage we do of vlc_object_(hold|warning), and to make sure we don't
introduce any new bad usage, by clarifying the API.