[vlc-devel] How to record a stream

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Wed Sep 16 14:15:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:06:03PM +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> I think that the python bindings just try the default installation path
> on Windows. I have no idea if we can do better.

There was some work on patches (trac 3004) to do poking around and
inferring like that, but it's far from finished. I understand there is
at least some demand for a tortuously called `portable' vlc, meaning it
doesn't depend on the registry to find its modules. The way to do it,
though, is `hairy'. If anybody has a better method, do share. Something
to add while moving the whole thing to where it belongs, it seems.