[vlc-devel] 2 VLC issues...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 15:49:18 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone noticed but .mov decoding no longer works. Using 1.0.2 for windows I tried viewing a trailer off the apple site and it would quickly try to do something then stop. With an older trailer it works fine. I suspect Apple has a new version of quicktime format that is not supported by vlc.

Also, minor issue for some is when using 1.0.2 with the git jvlc the video jumps out of the canvas for windows. It does not matter which format or source. I saw this a couple of years ago and I gave a fix to the team way back then. It was a simple change. I will need to get compiles working again on my PC under windows and locate some old emails to see if the fix will work. I suspect the fix was put into a branch and never the trunk.

Regards,
-Tony